Monday, April 13, 2009

Good things come in... pairs?

For some reason unbeknownst to me, Korean couples have the need to show to the public that they are a couple.  By that, I mean they show it in numerous ways.  In North America, matching jewellery is not uncommon, but I'd be hard pressed finding couples looking like these walking around in public:



There are also couple rings, couple cellphone accessories, couple PJs and more.  A couple ring is typically exchanged on the 100th-day anniversary.  They call this "couple look" and couples actually walk around like this on the streets.  I get embarassed myself just looking at these couples.  It's funny seeing the guy or the girl astray from his/her counterpart, because these couple shirts don't make as much sense without the other half.  

I, personally, will never be caught dead wearing these.  


See?  These people are so ashamed that they blurred themselves out of this photo.

4 comments:

  1. i like it hofacebook. it spells LOVE nice An-nyo'ng-ha-se-yo?
    Thank you Kam-sa-ham-ni-da

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm the same one that did the first comment hi whats your name i know a girl called bella from south korea

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know this is what your contry is Koreans are super-friendly. I'm speaking generally, of course, but I find most Koreans to be surprisingly friendly and generous. And not just when they're selling something. A few examples: I was caught out in a rainstorm without an umbrella, and a complete stranger offered me an extra one he had! Another time I went to a computer store to buy a CD, and the salesclerk gave it to me for free! I'd never been in the store before. by the way i am the same person who did the 2nd one and 1st one

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi the 3rd comment was by the the same person so was the 2nd and 1st

    ReplyDelete