Friday, March 20, 2009

Birth of Korean 1.5

I have been living and working in Korea for the past three and a half years now, and during this period, I have witnessed several mild cases of culture shock and some severe ones.  In general though, I've seen many interesting differences between the Korean culture and the Canadian culture in which I grew up.  So I decided to blog about what I see and experience here.

The title of the blog is "Korean One Point Five" because, back in Canada, visible minorities can be labelled as first-generation immigrant (aka FOB) or second-gen (aka Banana).  I consider myself somewhere in-between, one-point-five.  Actually, I used to think that I'm more whitewashed than the regular one-pont-five-gen'ers, so I used refer to myself as one-pont-seven-five.... but now I'm more like 1.5 after having been in Korea for more than 3 years.

This blog is meant for my friends, family and anybody else who cares to read about the little cultural differences that makes Korea so peculiar.  It is meant to be purely pointless, meaningless and seriousness-less, so please don't take anything written here at face value.

No comments:

Post a Comment